Particularly important role in the history of the town of Liptovsky Mikulas has the church of St. Nicholas. On the western side of the main square is situated a baroque building of the first House of District. One of the largest and most stylish synagogues is the one in Liptovsky Mikulas, which premises are used for temporary exhibitions and occasional concerts. The Museum of Janko Kral offers to visitors the showroom with current exhibitions.
The Slovak Museum of Nature Protection and Speleology was founded as a society museum called the Museum of Slovak Karst in 1930. Since its founding the museum was gathering not only scientific, in particular Cave collections but also collections of ethnographic, historical, archaeological, and more. In the first period of activity it was oriented to the Slovak Karst and region of upper Liptov. Since 1949 it has focused exclusively on the karst and caves in Slovakia. Since 1981 its scope expanded to include nature protection in Slovakia.
The main building of the museum is located on the School Street No.4. It is a former Jesuit monastery from the mid 18th century, which the museum acquired in 1949.
In the center of Liptovsky Mikulas, in the oldest secular building from 15th century is located the Center of Koloman Sokol. On the northern part of the yard remained parts of a fortification wall with loopholes. The building together with the church of St. Nicholas formed a small fortress, which was supposedly washed by water of the river Vah.
In the facility there is a permanent exhibition of works of a famous Slovak painter and graphic Koloman Sokol, who was born in Liptovsky Mikulas, worked in Prague, Paris, Mexico, and by the end of the 40th years lived in the USA. Exhibited are collections of drawings and graphics donated to Slovakia by the artist. The exhibition is supplemented by documentary materials, facts and photos.